These little babies are dangerously addictive! The crunch, the herbs, the garlic. I can quite frankly make this a meal on its own. They are the best potatoes that I have ever had, and even my non-vegan boyfriend said that these were his favourite way. Vegan or not, they are smack down the best.
These little baby potatoes had been lingering around the fridge, a tree of basil and a bush of parsley, and was wondering what to do with them. I had seen this recipe a while back, and it seemed interesting but never got around to trying it. This was the perfect occasion to do so.
If you are a big fan of garlic like I am, you should try it with the roasted garlic option. It becomes so creamy that you can squeeze it out of its casing and spread it over the potatoes. They are a great option if you love garlic, but I wouldn’t recommend it on a first date.
Although you can easily just eat these on their own, these are great for BBQ with some yummy veggie burgers or even stuffed eggplant.
1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes
1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra for serving
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
3-4 cloves garlic, finely grated (optional 5-6 extra cloves in their casing)
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using a paring knife, make crosswise cuts in each potato, about 1/8-inch apart, stopping before the bottom. Place on the baking sheet.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine basil, garlic, olive oil and parsley.
4. With a spoon, pour some of the mix on top of the potatoes and using the edge of the spoon to wedge the herbs into the creases of the potatoes. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
5. Place into oven and bake for approximately 35-45 minutes.
6. Let cool a minute or two and drizzled with olive oil. Enjoy!